Join the Team!
Guidon Group Accountants is a dynamic, forward thinking digital accountancy firm who are undergoing a period of growth and expansion. We are passionate about guiding SMEs to the next level not only by using financial figures but by the relationships we build with our clients.
Why join our team?
If you are an ambitious, forward thinking, enthusiastic team player who wants to progress in their career with a growing Accountancy firm then we have opportunities for you.
We want to help our team members progress their careers.
If there are no vacancies listed below, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your details the next time we’re recruiting.
This is a varied, transformative role where you can develop your accountancy skills, have responsibility for your own client cases, contribute to the improvement of systems and processes and help gain new clients, hence becoming an integral part of our company’s growth.
We offer flexible hours, work from home and hybrid working. Candidates must be based in the North East as they will be expecred to travel to the office for induction, training and meetings at least once a month. Immediate start.
There is free onsite parking and Stockton town centre is only a few minutes’ walk from the office.
How You Can Help Us
We are looking for someone who has accounts experience and the right interpersonal skills to fit nicely into our team.
- Input financial transactions and reconcile general ledger accounts for multiple clients monthly
- Process payroll, VAT returns and tax returns to strict deadlines
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly or yearly financial accounts, reports and analyses
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and staff
- Deliver an exemplary customer service
Who We Are Looking For
- AAT qualified or part qualified ACA/CIMA
- Bookkeeping, payroll and accounts experience
- Ability to prepare accounts to trial balance
- Experience of preparing VAT returns, tax returns and self assessments
- Competent using Quickbooks and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritising skills to meet strict deadlines and client expectations
- Confident to work as part of a team but also independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Willing to learn, use own initiative and take responsibility for own client cases
- Experience of Receipt Bank/Autoentry, VT and Taxfiler but not essential as training will be given
- Knowledge of management accounts an advantage but not essential
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience
Application deadline: 30/07/2021
Our office is based at Gloucester House, with Stockton town centre a short walk away. The tranquility of the River Tees is also within walking distance or if you’re feeling a bit more energetic Splash swimming baths and Active8 Gym is just next door. There is also free onsite parking.
Perks & Benefits